Welcome to my world ... All material copyrighted as bullsh*t ...

Monday, April 17, 2006

The long and the short of it …

I was collecting ideas from AlchemyX, one of the forums I frequent for a “theme of the week” for this blog.

One of the suggestions was to write something about “An army of evil midgets who wish to rule the world”.

Well I’m not going to! Partly because I don’t want the term “Midget Nazi” following me around forever. However it did give me the idea to really take a look at the issue of being either very tall or very short in a society which seems to be engineered only for those of average height.

It seems the easiest place to find groups of tall and short people was the film and TV industry. So I’ve been asking around some notable short and tall actors for their experiences of life, and what they find difficult or awkward, and will provide some of their replies in this blog, together with some answers from not-so-famous friends an acquaintances as well.

My questions to these people were pretty much on two fronts
  • What are the advantages and difficulties of being their height?
  • Many of these actors work mainly in sci-fi and fantasy, rather than standard drama/comedy roles. How to they feel about not being represented in mainstream TV/film?

I’m sorry to disappoint, but I’m still waiting on my answer from Tom Cruise …


All material copyrighted as bullsh*t ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home