Welcome to my world ... All material copyrighted as bullsh*t ...

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The long & the short: Carel Struycken


Carel Struycken is instantly recognisable to any sci-fi fan as Lurch in the Adams family, Mr Homm in Star Trek Next Gen, the Giant in Twin Peaks and many others ...

You can find his offical website, which details his interest in taking spherical panoramas here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Being this tall is mostly a headache: Most literally because I often scrape my head against doorposts and also because it is so hard to find clothes and especially shoes. There are also very few cars I fit in. At the moment I am very happy with my Honda CR-V. With a little re-engineering it has more room than most full sized suvs and I love taking it out to the desert when there is a chance (not often).


My favorite part was probably "the Giant" in Twin Peaks. It was the strangest film-set I have ever worked on and I was already a big fan of the series.


At the moment there is very little film work for me, so I am starting a new career as spherical panorama photographer.

This is the website I made to showcase the panoramas: http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com


All the best,


Carel


-----------------------------------------------------------------

I really do recommend having a look at his website, as he has some stunning pictures there, and Carel seems to have quite a love affair with the desert - he also pointed me in the direction of a website of pictures of "the hardiest of all explorers, Sir Wilfred Thesiger" - some amazing pictures of the Middle East from around. You can find the website here.


All material copyrighted as bullsh*t ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home